Monday, December 6, 2010

Blog Prompt #25

Write a detailed description of your “motivations” for your final self-proposed project. Why are you interested in this subject? What do you want to convey? How do you want viewers to respond? Why are you inspired to make these images/this project? Do you want to evoke emotions in viewers? Shock viewers? Make them laugh? Make them think? Inform them? Reveal something about how you see the world? Reveal something about yourself, a person, a place, a feeling, a memory, a moment in time?

From the beginning of the semester I kept thinking of what interesting photographs I could get if I could take them at my Nonna's so it just so worked out that I had the opportunity to take these photographs in time for this final project. My interest in the subject is more personal for me than it may appear. This is a place of so many memories and even the chairs have their individual connection to memories. Overall I just wanted to convey a nostalgic, simple beauty. I want viewers to appreciate the small details and interesting characteristics in the chairs as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment