Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blog Prompt #24

A. Pick two images from any of the “constructed reality” photographers presented in class or linked on the assignment sheet. Describe how you could recreate these two images on a “smaller scale”.
Ideas similar to Cindy Sherman's would easily be done small scale. To re-enact film stills is an idea that I both like and think work well once recreated. Also, Tom Jackson's work could be brought down to small scale. instead of making a full room or set up of a still life, a miniature still life could be set up. Objects like dolls or mini items could be used or just items that are not large enough to take over a whole room such as bottles and lamps.

B. Describe your plans for your self-proposed final project (if the plan is the same as before, paste it here again and give a bit more detail). During the final critique for Assignment #5, you will discuss/present these ideas to the class.
I thought more about just using film stills from certain movies and specifically from (500) Days of Summer. I realized I like certain parts of the movie that showed Reality vs. Expectations side by side. I thought this would be an interesting thing to do and I could use both images from the movie along with ideas of my own. These will work as tryptic images.

No comments:

Post a Comment