Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Written Statements P1


Composition: I wanted her to be centered in the kitchen and for the perspective to be about equal with hers.

Concept/Aboutness/Idea: I think the concept is about the typical housewife that is playing this role of order and perfection. The glove mask takes away her identity and therefore she stands for every and any housewife. The setting along with her attire support this concept.

Method: When I thought of masking someone I initially thought of taking pictures in the kitchen and little by little it led to this idea. I looked around for things to mask her face and found the glove and everything came together.

Motivations: This picture combined with the other kitchen seen has the intention of giving my opinion of a housewife and the way I feel about the whole concept.

Context: I think this idea of the past relates to works now because it is still occurring and I think it is an intriguing idea.



Composition: The subject is not centered and instead is off to the side. The perspective draws you in to the subject as well.

Concept/Aboutness/Idea: I think my image is about the housewife that does not necessarily want to be in that role or does not always want to be perfect. It is as though she is drained and tired of the day to day work.

Method: After going back to a second shoot I took contrasting images that did not fit the role. I used the same scene, but with a different feel.

Motivations: As previously mentioned. I wanted to show my opinion and I think paring the two does this. I do not really agree with the whole housewife thing and personally know I would completely hate having to put up with it. I guess this is my interpretation of how I feel about the issue.

Context: Similar to what I said before, I think this is still a prominent idea. Even more so, the idea of having to fit into a role that you may not agree with and/or like is something most people deal with every day.




Composition: I wanted the framing to be the same for all three of these images so that the only difference would be the positioning of the subject and the picture.

Concept/Aboutness/Idea: I think my images are about being able to get rid of an identity and placing any new identity to fit into that place. At the same time the interior identity is still there which is present with the body displayed which does not change.

Method: I did not brainstorm, I just looked through magazines to find the most opposing images so that they would have the greatest contrast.

Motivations: I wanted the subject to take on the new identity, but at the same time to be true to their own.

Context: I think most photography is about giving the subject a new identity to fit the idea that is trying to be conveyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment